Asbestos poses a serious threat to health. It is estimated that up to 500,000 non-domestic buildings in the UK contain some form of asbestos and up to 4,000 people die each year as a result of asbestos exposure. This figure is set to increase.
Course objectives/key benefits
Helps operatives and those responsible for Health and Safety have an understanding and appreciation of the legal and practical requirements to protect themselves, their employees and visitors from the risks associated with asbestos.
Who is the course aimed at?
Those with a direct or indirect responsibility for the management of, or whom are likely to work with asbestos in the workplace.
There are no entry or pre-requisite requirements
- Types and properties of asbestos
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
- Identification and location of asbestos in buildings
- Asbestos containing materials and products
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
- Asbestos legislative guidance and related legislation
- Duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises
- Emergency and accident arrangements
- Licensable work and notification requirements
- Types of asbestos surveys
- Avoiding the risks from asbestos
- Asbestos risk assessments
- Control measures to prevent exposure
- Management actions to prevent and reduce exposure
- Selection of asbestos removal contractors
- Site clearance and certification
Half a day
Although there is no formal assessment a question paper related to asbestos is given to each candidate to complete at the end of the course.
SWAAT Certificate in Asbestos Awareness
PLEASE NOTE: This course has been recognised by many Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accredited bodies.
Please contact our office (01579 348544 or email@example.com) for further details.
Candidates will be provided with a training pack.
Click here to see a list of our course prices