South West Assessment and Training
We target your training needs
Asbestos poses a serious threat to health. It is estimated that up to 500,000 non-domestic buildings in the UK contain
some form of asbestos and up to 4,000 people die each year as a result of asbestos exposure. This figure is set to increase.
PLEASE NOTE: This course can be undertaken 'on-site' at the delegates' premises. Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or
firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Course objectives/key benefits
Helps operatives and those responsible for Health and Safety have an understanding and appreciation of the legal and
practical requirements to protect themselves, their employees and visitors from the risks associated with asbestos.
Who is the course aimed at?
Those with a direct or indirect responsibility for the management of, or whom are likely to work with asbestos in the
There are no entry or pre-requisite requirements to undertake this course
- Types and properties of asbestos
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
- Identification and location of asbestos in buildings
- Asbestos containing materials and products
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006
- Asbestos legislative guidance and related legislation
- Duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises
- Emergency and accident arrangements
- Licensable work and notification requirements
- Types of asbestos surveys
- Avoiding the risks from asbestos
- Asbestos risk assessments
- Control measures to prevent exposure
- Management actions to prevent and reduce exposure
- Selection of asbestos removal contractors
- Site clearance and certification
Half a day
Although there is no formal assessment course delegates are required to complete a question paper related to asbestos at the end of the course.
SWAAT Certificate in Asbestos Awareness
PLEASE NOTE: It is possible for successful candidates to receive certification from a nationally-recognised Awarding Body (Cert-ain). Please contact our office on 01579 348544 or
at email@example.com for further information
Candidates will be provided with a training pack.
Click here to see a list of our course prices
South West Assessment and Training, 1 Quimperle Road, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 3US. TEL: 01579 348544. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org