South West Assessment and Training
We target your training needs
Domestic Natural Gas Individual Appliance Training and Assessments (add-ons)
Training and assessments for individual domestic natural gas appliances, for anyone wishing to 'add on' to their existing domestic gas qualifications.
Course objectives/key benefits
Upon successful completion of the assessment candidates will be able to undertake work on the domestic natural gas appliances, to which the appropriate assessments successfully undertaken apply.
Who is the course aimed at?
Any existing GAS SAFE registered gas operatives who intend to work on domestic natural gas installations.
Candidates will need to have either successfully completed the Domestic Natural Gas Core Assessment (CCN1) or be able to
provide sufficient evidence that they have passed this assessment at another college or assessment centre.
It is also a requirement that candidates MUST undertake training before carrying out the assessment, as per Guidance Note 8. This training (per appliance) is provided prior to assessment.
Please contact our office on 01579 348544. or e-mail SWAAT at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Add-ons for domestic natural gas available are;
- CENWAT1 - Domestic Natural Gas Central Heating Boilers and Domestic Natural Gas Water Heaters
(Please note: This qualification replaces both the old CEN1 and WAT1 qualifications)
- CKR1 - Domestic Natural Gas Cookers (this also includes hobs and 'Rangemaster' type cooking appliances)
- HTR1- Domestic Natural Gas Fires
- MET2 - Domestic Natural Gas Meters (upto 6m3/hr)
- HWB1 - Swimming Pool Boilers (Please note: this only qualifies the operative to work on natural gas versions of
these appliances. If LPG versions are to be commissioned, serviced or safety checked then a changeover - CONGLP1 or a
CCLP1 qualification is required)
- DAH1 - Domestic Natural Gas Warm Air Heaters
- LAU1 - Domestic Laundry Appliances
- CKHB1 - Range Cookers (Please note: This qualification is required for 'flued' cookers, not Rangemaster type cookers
which are covered by the CKR1 qualification).
- LEI1 - Domestic Natural Gas Leisure appliances (i.e. bar-b-ques etc.) (Please note: this only qualifies the
operative to work on natural gas versions of these appliances. If LPG versions are to be commissioned, serviced or safety
checked then a changeover - CONGLP1 or a CCLP1 qualification is required)
- REGT1 - Medium Pressure Gas Meters (REGT1) Assessment (installing, testing & commissioning of domestic medium pressure meter regulators)
Dependant on number and type of appliances required.
However, the duration of the assessment(s) depends upon how many and which assessments are being undertaken.
Please contact our office (01579 348544 or email@example.com) for further advice.
Practical workshop and theory.
Anyone requiring training needs to consider undertaking the Managed Learning Programme Gas course for new entrants or the
Fast Track Gas course as required.
Practical assessment and multiple-choice question papers.
Candidates who successfully complete the assessment(s) will be certificated under the ACS scheme for the appropriate installations/appliances for which they have been assessed.
It is an open book assessment and it is therefore highly recommended that candidates undertaking it have an up-to-date gas publication.
Copies of the TD Publications' Gas book can be obtained prior to the assessment from our office (01579 348544.or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Click here to see a list of our course prices
South West Assessment and Training, 1 Quimperle Road, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 3US. TEL: 01579 348544. Email: email@example.com